Kidscorner

Tuesday 13 November 2007

Friendship

The new prompt for writers Island is Friendship. Friendship is an important part of life. It gives one the opportunity to put of our mask and gives one a reassurement that we are going to be accepted just the way we are., with all our strenght and weaknesses, without being judged. In this safe environment we become what we were destined for. We always keep seeking for a friend and they come and go like the wind but some stay and the bond deepens. Living away from friends brought me to the Internet and again I found some friendships. Some pass but others stick around, encourage you and back you up. Underneath you find my poem which still feels like a rough draft to me but I hope you like it anyway. Just have to add that I had such a great time reading the contribution of my friend Keith, you must read this
Friendship

I engage with the world
as if learning the piano
exploring to find the right keys
to create harmony
often striking the wrong chords
forming a cacophony
filling the air with
an invisible wall
between me and the other

Until somebody grasps
the song that I play
I become me and
we pour out our hearts
into a golden bowl
of understanding

Unspoken words ripen and mix
with the complementary
ingredients of the mind
of the other


The safety found
equalling a mother's lap
awakens the child
music becomes play
and with fun and laughter
A symphony develops
of two souls becoming one.
The one called friendship

27 comments:

  1. "Spoken words ripen and mix
    with the complementary
    ingredients of the mind
    of the other"

    nice... I guess somewhere its more of the unspoken word that mixes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks baba

    You are right rambler I took it out but I will put it back in again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that's what a rough draft reads like, then I give up! Lovely poem , great analogy topped off with a pretty picture! Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging gave me great friends around the world.
    You are really a great poet.
    Thanks for the Bday gift.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially like the second stanza and "Unspoken words / ripen and mix". The idea of hearing past the mistakes to the heart was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the poem.

    There is small typo! It should be cacophony.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *often striking the wrong chords
    forming a cacophony
    filling the air with
    an invisible wall
    between me and the other*

    True--sometimes misunderstandings do creep in--but like you said--when symphony develops, two souls become one.Nicely expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've evoked friendship very well here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the comparison of friendship to harmonious music

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful and true poem again,Marja!Really good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marja, beautiful and moving words. Sometimes I wonder if it is all worth it.

    -bd

    ReplyDelete
  12. Exquisite. I'm still writing about friendship for this week and reading this has influenced me to take a more positive turn. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have displayed friendship very well with your words Marja. Like you, I also linked to Keith's poem on friendship but I have yet to come up with something that is all mine in originality.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's indeed a symphony, Marja, I love the way you portray the beauty of friendship, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i absolutely love this....how poetically spoken...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Friendships and music, it seems are related. I love the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so eloquent and beautiful! It's especially meaningful to me because I'm a musician (a pianist, as a matter of fact!), and I love the imagery you've used.

    What a delight :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. G'day Marja, from Australia (just around the corner from you!)

    I came here from Ann's blog. I'd never heard of Writers' Island before, but I'd love to help ....

    I post a series called `Telling Write From Wrong' on my blog, which is updated four or five times a day.

    I haven't updated the series for a while as I was finishing off my second novel, but I answer questions from writers of every description ....

    I'm a professional journalist, by the way.

    Would love to hear from you ....

    Cheers

    David

    ReplyDelete
  19. What beautiful music you have made here... a song of friendship that touches the heart...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Marja! I love the harmony analogy for friendship....and perhaps each friend we have offers up a new take on the harmony.

    enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you all very much for your lovely comments. i feel blessed

    ReplyDelete
  22. The link of friendship as music developing into a symphony is wonderful! Well done, you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks YOU for your beautiful poem. You make true friendship like poetry in motion!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this Marja. We are missing you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!