Wednesday, 27 May 2009

Treasure to share

One of the things I use my blog for is for collecting treasures, which can be stories, movies, poetry or quotes. Posts I can go back to, to inspire me or just to enjoy. Anything because of their beauty or wisdom. The following poem really touches me and speaks to me and I am delighted to share it with you.
I found it on Dick Jones' Patteran pages. A blog I recently discovered. I straight away loved his writing style and now I am a fan of his poetry.

Mutatis Mutandis By Dick Jones

There is an understanding that, if the stars are yellow and the moon is wrapped in a milky caul, then dreams will pass through the muslin veil that hangs between this waking world and the world beyond. At such times the longed-for wings unfurl, the water changes into wine and, whichever way you turn, your lover will be coming through the door.
Next week I will share with you a great poem, which I want for my treasure box as well. It is from a beloved friend and poet. Watch this space, Marja

8 comments:

  1. I'm the same - I love keeping little bits and pieces on my blog that I find along the way, always there to come back to.

    Its getting rather chilly in kiwi land now isnt it? brrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely poem that combines well with the photo, Marja! Thanks for sharing. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I like the spiritual significance in the final verse.
    Thanks for sharing it with us, Marja!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marja, this is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing Marja.
    I do enjoy poetry, & the evocative thoughts & pictures, thus created.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a wonderful blog.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly a great poem, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment