Wednesday, 22 July 2009

20.000 visitors

Just noticed that I am about to reach the 20.000 visitors I couldn't let that pass eventhough I haven't much time tonight. I take a course tomorrow and have 12 adult students in my class. When I was young I wanted to be a teacher but was rejected at several schools because of some problems I had. Now 30 years later I get a teaching experience after all. Wish me luck Anyway it was an enjoyable ride during my 2 years of blogging. I had several breaks because of my busy life. but still managed to get around 300 posts. It also got me a new hobby; writing poetry. It is such a joy that all these english people and often writers themselve tell me that they like my poetry. English was the first reason I couldn't go to the school I wanted. I didn't get the hang of it. My most visited post is Dysnomia. 17 % of all the visitors went there. Dysnomia is a learning disability. One I have as well but it is hardly known and understood. Because there isn't much information about it, my post is 3rd on the Google list on dysnomia. When I check the keywords people use, to find it I know that there is a great need for information and help. So any professionals and or students out there who want to do something about it. The greatest pleasure is of course to get to know people from all over the world and learn from them through their posts. I came across some of the best reading material ever. Bloggers come and go but I've got quite a lot of bloggers I already know nearly from the beginning. Thanks guys for being my friend, my reader and I will still post on for a while. (with breaks) Lots of hugs and Aroha from Marja

If you are the 20.000th visitor you are invited for a dinner at my place :)

PS For the records I am only taking a community course

24 comments:

  1. Many thanks for visiting my blog. Here we just do not really appreciate what we have in the way of history and scenery. It's all too familiar!
    We visited NZ a few years ago and loved the country, staying in Christchurch and touring from there while in S. Island. It is a beautiful city. A lot of South Island is very like Scotland. North Island is completely different, but still lovely.
    Will pop you into "My Favourites".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna come to dinner at your place anyway. I love your blog and you too. Congrats on the 20000.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I am invited for dinner, you got me really excited for a moment hehe :)

    A big congrats Marja, and it is a joy to know you not just as a blogger but as a friend. To me blogs are good fun reading, informative at times too but when I know the person, it makes it a super blog. I am glad to know you, and many more thousands hits to come.

    Happy week ahead, love.......M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That's a wonderful milestone. We do like to read your blog, but don't let us get in the way of your real life. No matter how long you take for a break, we will still be here to read what you write!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My warmest congratulations on your 20,000th visit!

    I have been following your blog only for a short time so I was not aware of your dysnomia (even this comment spell check doesn't recognize it as a word!) Thank you for providing the link to your 2007 posting... I've learned something new and will be even more patient if someone has difficulty expressing themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super congrats on this milestone! I used to follow your writing when I first began blogging, but then seemed to lose you! Now, in recent weeks, I have found you again and don't intend to lose sight of you this time! Your writing is magical!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an achievement.
    Well done, I'm so happy!
    Hugs from New York.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just don't forget us, Marja, 'cos we're not gonna forget you. That's a promise.
    Good luck in your worthwhile venture.
    Dickiebo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many congratulations with so many visitors Marja. Something to be proud of. Well done and well done in your teaching career.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How could people NOT enjoy your blog and welcoming attitude. It's such a joy coming over here and seeing what you've been up to as well as getting an education on subjects I didn't know about. (Thank you)

    I am so excited for you. I know you will be a great teacher!! I am sure you'll get a few apples :)

    Congrats on 20,00 that is quite a milestone in the blogging world. Here's to 20,000 more as time permits you.

    Have a great day today.

    Love
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...thats a huge feat indeed. Am looking forward to knowing you Marja. Missed the dinner, i was 20005th one today! Hope to target the 30000 one :)

    Have a lovely day. Thanks for stopping by mine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your teaching job! I taught English to adults for more than 12 years and it was great.
    Thanks for explaining what dysnomia is. I had no idea what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have been such a pleasure to know. Don't stay away too long!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for your nice comments but I am going mowhere
    yet and the teaching is only for 12 hours But it's a start

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a problem?
    I never noticed............

    xxxxxxx

    I have been for dinner but of course I will come back..hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the 20,000 and the teaching job! Although my aunt teaches adults here in South Carolina and is often caught saying she wishes she could throw things at some of her students.

    Best wishes and I will still keep looking for your posts and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats Marja! Keep the poems and posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kia ora Marja,
    My heartiest congrats on your both your endurance and your wonderful writing to attract 20,000 visits. You are certainly one of my favourite places to visit.
    I have felt very quiet lately, wondering if perhaps I have done my dash with the blogging world, and assessing the reasons to continue. So it is inspirational to read here, where you have taken a few breaks to refresh yourself. We all have something to share. Rave on my friend!
    Aroha,
    Robb

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats Marja. I am so glad to be part of your blogging community. I look forward to many more posts and poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  20. well done . i never have had a counter so have no idea how many i have had ,...........what an amazing milestone. congrats.. from you picasa student heather

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrates on your 20,000 visitors! Happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  22. ik ben benieuwd of ik ook aan dat aantal bezoekers zal komen. zal nog wel lang duren want ik ben niet zo'n fanatieke blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations Marja. considering English is your second language I think you do very well, & your intellect & love shine through in your writing.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment