Monday, 19 October 2009

Shelter

The man behind me is often quiet, which sometimes drives me crazy but also offers comfort when looking for peace and he is a rock in the middle of storms


Surrounded by screaming colours
created to blend into the world
his silence stands out
as he shrugs his shoulders
when the carousel of life
makes us go into circles

Mostly he just stands alongside
watching others take the ride
he transforms his surroundings
into a home to reside
He won’t decorate your ego
with bright streamers of words
but he will spread out a blanket
to care when it hurts

And he shrugs his shoulders
at the energy in motion,
             at  the carnival without masks

       at  the wirling world of wonder

           at the carousel going round
and around
 and around
till  the bell foretells its over
and a bit unwell we move back in his shell of shelter

10 comments:

  1. You could ask for nothing more. A lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandfather was a man like that. I try to follow in his footsteps but he was truly one of a kind. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I know this type of man very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Marja,
    I think I know a few men like this as well. Good to know they are there. Have a great day my friend.
    Aroha,
    Robb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed reading this one...second stanza I re-read many times because it has such a warm feeling to it. Beautiful Marja.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A man to rely upon.
    Lovely words, Marja.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marja this is beautiful! Hope all is well with you and you are warming up :).

    Take care kiddo.

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband was the same! Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed to read it,Marja!Very good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed this post...thank you...:)

    God bless!

    Cyrus

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment