Sunday, 18 April 2010

Weekend mailbox



Gemma started a mail box meme and I like mail and mail boxes. You have to pay attention to spot some pieces of art here in NZ. Along the high ways in the country side you come along quite amazing exemplars but I found the one underneath in the centre of Lyttelton on our walk.






Weather board light house
keep distance warning signals
except for postman
This letterbox in Lyttelton is build in the shape of  a light house. It has a light on the top and a little fence around it. Cool he

9 comments:

  1. O you beautiful person! You are first in my new meme! Thank you so much!
    This is incredible! I have never seen a mailbox like this! Just incredible!
    Happiness always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute mailbox! I might have to dig out some of the ones I've found.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got some crazy ones here in the States, saw one on the news years ago shaped like the Starship Enterprise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mailboxes!
    A good chance to be a little bit original and charming.

    We are in New York now.
    I was just asked to ost on my Marrakesh blog again!
    Hope all is well with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marja!
    Lovely shot!! And your header is fabulous!!

    Blogtrotter Two has a French party for you in Turkey... ;) Enjoy and have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some people have very original ideas. I'm arriving here from Greyscale Territory to admire your mailbox :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness, what fun! I really must look more closely at mail boxes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun mail box... I will have to get my camera out and snap a few of my own.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment