Kidscorner

Monday 4 October 2010

William of Orange

William of Orange? I am not talking about "the father" of the Netherlands but about my husband. In the earth quake his bike fell against the car. He had a high no-claim on his insurance because it wasn't an expensive bike. The former black bike lost its mirrow, indicater, screen and was scratched completely. As a proper kiwi  he is a DIY-man and fixed his bike himself. He was born in Christchurch but he is a Dutch kiwi, born from Dutch parents. Eventhough he thinks he is a kiwi I think he is typical Dutch, he has orange blood and the colour he choose for his bike proves he has Dutch tendencies.

My husband loves moterbikes. I am not that keen. When I was young I went on the back of one for 3 hours.
I had long hear which like a wip blew into my face on the back of the bike and I was leaning the wrong way when the bike hang low in a corner. I learned quickly but after a while I felt all my limbs were froozen and they were. When I came off I walked like a mummy. From than on I just kept with 4 wheels on the ground. Even that was tricky when moving to NZ as I suddenly had to drive on the other side of the road. William didn't have a bike for a long time but not that many years ago he bought one again and thanks to the quake it is orange now I was a bit wary at first but it turns out not too bad. What do you think?

11 comments:

  1. Very visible and therefore safer on the roads. The orange bike makes quite a statement, Marja.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think it looks very Royal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks excellent, don't ride motorcycles anymore I never was that good and figured I would eventually run into a telephone pole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bike is cool but it would be even better to see you sitting on the bike with black leather gear. Then we could decide if you are a born biker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool motorbike,Marja!

    Groetjes,Steffi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marja! Typical Dutch, indeed... ;))

    Blogtrotter Two just left Sardinia 2009, but it couldn’t make it without showing you the incredible Porto Cervo and its yachts... Enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He will stand out in the traffic. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marya :)
    I wish I had this bike :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehehe, thats typical William as i remember him in the dutch years at philips Nijmegen. Going like crazy trough the city traffic. Very cool bike.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!