Monday, 17 January 2011

Memories

My brother brought heaps of pictures as I had lost lots of mine. Here an old one of me (in the front) and behind me, my brother who has just left NZ,  in our early career as show models, as our parents had a clothing shop. These early lessons helped us to overcome stage fear a bit. Especially my brother has a flair on stage. When I was older I helped backstage when there was a fashion show and handed the fashion to be showed to the mannequins

Look at the different fashion of the sixties. No jeans for woman yet.



 Showtime in sixties
Reflections of yesterday
Black and white shadows

9 comments:

  1. Weren't you the little model, Marja.

    This photo is such a treasure. Not only at a personal level but also for the history it portrays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, aren't you mod thing?? Your brother deserved a huge hug (several in fact) for bringing you back your memories. I'm sure you never stopped hugging him from hello to farewell.

    What is it about little girls in plaid jumpers? I have one of me from when I was maybe four. My daughter has a few from when she was 5 and 6. And you! I bet if we all dug around in our photo memories we would all find one plaid jumper at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love old photos and the stories they tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet you and your brother were! And probably still are! I love those old photos! Thanks for sharing and for visiting .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, so cute! I do love the glasses and hairstyles of the women in the audience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You work the runway very well Marja! I have a couple of similar early school pictures in some box and need to find them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a little cutie. Nice to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice memories!You looks so cute!

    Groetjes,Steffi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment