Friday, 8 March 2013

International woman's day


 
 
I grew up in a men's world having three brothers. I went to trading school where most were men. I worked in jobs alongside mechanics, shoemakers,IT people. I can get along very well with most men. My respect goes out most to women though. Woman who are so strong to combine a family and a job. When they are sick they still care for others first if they have too.  They keep the whole circus going. Most woman give everything to their children. They feel their pain and they are their best cheer leaders. They often work hard and smart, are sensitive and organised and hardworking.
I am lucky. I feel respected,safe and have all I need. I know this isn't the case for many women. Therefore I send out my love to my sisters in all corners of the world and wish them peace, love, courage and strength. Today my thoughts are with you all. Today my tears and smiles are for you. Arohanui tuahine!

5 comments:

  1. Great post,Marja!Happy international woman´s Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marja .. I can quite understand your sentiments - albeit I have no children ... but women deserve so much more recognition.

    I was going to do a post this year - but blogging break comes first .. so I'll stick with it!

    Thanks so much for reminding us - and for the thoughtful description of us women ... All the best to you today and all women everywhere - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marja! Wat een goed stukje!! A very good post!Yes we are so fortunate that we live in a free country with men who support us and respect us. Equality of the sexes works for both men and women. Have a great day! Thanks for your visit and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo! Well said. It's good to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good, strong message Marja. I was aware of International Women's Day, and felt grateful for all I have. You have reminded us all of those women who have so little. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment