Kidscorner

Saturday 16 March 2013

Rapaki Track

Another track which has opened not long ago is the Rapaki track. You can drive up a little and park along the Rapaki Road.

The track is winding gradually to the top with some nice views along the way.
 
 
 You end up on the summit road, which has been partly cleared  from the rocks fallen down in the earth quake. From here you see quail island, which we walked around a while ago as well. There are lots of quails on this island. From all sides of island you see the turquoise water and at one side where all the trees are there are some nice beaches were we had a picnic.

10 comments:

  1. You're back, I'm glad to see. This looks a very picturesque track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful landscapes,Marja!I wish I could see everything with my own eyes but unfortunately this have to be a dream.My sister was already in NZ.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knows what the future brings Steffi You can always stay with us

    ReplyDelete
  4. These NZ scenes really do appear picture perfect … looks like you live in one of the most beautiful places on earth. Reading about the improved track in a previous post and now learning about this one, it is easy to see there are many wonderful places to walk and dream in your world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Het is een prachtig land zo te zien.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marja .. so interesting to see your photos and giving us some idea of the earthquake's residue.

    Quail Island looks lovely .. do you eat quail in NZ .. is it a delicacy as it is here (in season) ...

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realise you were back on-blog! More wonderful pictures of what is clearly one of the most beautiful countries on the planet. My brother and his wife are currently on a long motoring holiday in NZ and with every report I get from them,I am more tempted to come visit myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful trail to walk on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you ,Marja!I wish I could do it!NZ must be so wonderful especially the nature.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great place, I want to go there in December. I think that I can shoot some nice pictures up there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!