Saturday, 14 June 2014

Victory Netherlands Spain 5-1

On 14 June 2014 an orange balloon is softly bobbing on the fence in a street in Christchurch. The residents are Dutch and proud. Living in the land of rugby they have been deprived of soccer but when the world cup is on, soccer is on TV NZ1.
The Dutch people braved an early start on a Saturday and it was all worth it. What a game what a goals, such beauties. Neighbours are fleeing as they had to listen to the horrible, but happy songs of the Dutch "ole, ole, ole" and "we are the champions".

We wish the team all the best and hope they keep it up, so we can add some more balloons to our fence.


I plan to go to the Dutch shop today and buy some Dutch croquettes or bitterballen to eat when the next game is on.


Found this picture on facebook among pictures of dressed in orange family and friends and video's of one big party



9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That last picture was a laugh riot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was some impressive game!
    happy bitterballen :)
    anni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for the Netherlands!!!!!!
    I can imagine your excitement - it was exhilarating.
    I'm now watching the All Blacks & England and with my feminine multi-tasking skills I'm blog hopping too!

    Lovely to meet you and thank you for popping into my blog.
    I'm following you now and I follow several other dutch bloggers in the Netherlands!

    Enjoy your weekend
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the Dutch team.
    Wishing them all the best.

    I laughed at the last photo, so funny.

    Many thanks for the kind words on my poem, Marja.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Team Netherlands. It was a superior display of football.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, thanks so much for visiting The Marmelade Gypsy. And second, CONGRATULATIONS! I know soccer is a big deal where you are -- and that win is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love watching the World Cup. The best game ever, I can't stand Rugby League. It was a fabulous win for your team against the number one team. I can imagine that we will get thrashed tomorrow by the Netherlands. We are ranked 62nd what chance do we have with a new young inexperienced team with two injured fullbacks but it will be a great experience for them. I hope the Netherlands go on to get into the final and win. The Dutch started the Brisbane soccer team years ago. It used to be called 'Hollandia' but now it is called the "Roar" and their colour is orange. They won the championship this year. A few of them play in the national team the 'Socceroos.'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sad to say Marja, I have not been keeping up with who is still in the World Cup, I know England went out and rightly so... So Good Luck to Holland.. If they are still in :-) xxxx Love Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic,Marja!!!!Good luck for the Netherlands!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment