Wednesday, 5 September 2007

Treasure to share

Friendship
Photo Kim Anderson


Recently my friend from Holland called and she calls me again soon because we didn't have enough time. Now I am usually not much of a chatterbox, for sure not on the phone. But when my friend calls than time seems to dissappear into nowhere. Why? George Eliot captures this exactly with the following words;


Friendship
Oh the comfort, the inexpressible comfort, of feeling safe with a person; having neither to weight thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
George Eliot

4 comments:

  1. Friendships are priceless Marja, I understand what it is like to not have enough time to visit via the phone with friends. I have a friend that lives in Washington State here and the miles separate us and so when we do chat it's always such a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is in a word: Wonderful

    I'm going to add your link to my new blog discoveries, as well as my blog roll. I'm so glad you visited and am honored to see my link to A Nice Place In The Sun. :)

    Best Wishes, your friend,

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is Missy

    Thanks Ann we'll meet again

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful sentiment! Something to remember for sure...

    smile again and again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment