Friday, 5 December 2008

Proximity

First of all a happy sinterklaas to all dutch friends and family. Sinterklaas rides his horse over the roofs tonight to put presents in the chimneys for all the Dutch children who were good during the year. Might be a challenge as most dutch people nowadays have central heating.
Sinterklaas visited us last Tuesday at Unlimited school where the Dutch studens and teachers sang "Zie ginds komt de stoomboot" (the steamboat is coming) and the Germans sang Lustig Lustig tralala lala
Tomorrow is our 17th wedding anniversary. I work on Saturday nights so we are going out for lunch on Sunday. 17 years ago I came for the first time to NZ on honeymoon and we traveled around for 4 weeks (plus 2 weeks in Malaysia)
I also received a special blogging award from Kat. It focusses on the proximity of blogging, the interconnection of bloggers. It's authors say "Blogs who receive this award are exceedingly charming" Ughh ( scrapes her troath) Thanks you Kat (bows gracefully)
This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."
I pass this one on to
To quote kat "There are so many more of you who fall into this category and I'm certain that through the serendipity of our connectedness that eventually it will come to rest with all of you as well" Aroha Marja

16 comments:

  1. Nice one, Marja! That bit sticks in my throat too.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. wishing you a very happy sinterklaas

    and thank you so much for the award..I liked the emotion behind this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Marja, thank you again for the award, much appreciated. Blogging has brought me so many wonderful and beautiful friends like you, so it is indeed an honour to you too. We know our friend's lives a little more, we understand them and I certainly the friendship is beyond blogging, for that I am also grateful. A big congrats on the wedding anniversary, beautifully said and do wish you'll pop over or me pop over there one day. I would love to see NZ with all the wonderful sights. Happy weekend to you, much love, M

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Happy Sinterklaas to you! And congratulations on your Wedding Anniversary. I hopw you will celebrate many more!

    I am interested in that picture of Sinterklaas - he looks very like a bishop, with that high hat and crook behind him. Is his origin (as bishop of Myra, centuries ago) still visible in Holland, unlike here in the UK, where we seem to have adopted the US version of a jolly round gellow in black boots and red pant suit!

    I am so pleased I have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your Wedding anniversary and on getting this great award. Also, thankyou so much for thinking of bestowing it on me. I feel very special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will not forget the award i got fr you, it will be appreciated forever. and thanks for sharing us this another list of blogs worth reading.

    Happy sinterklaas!

    I will always love this page.

    Take care! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marja,
    Congratulations on a much deserved award and happy Sinterklaas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou for the award Marja. This one is a bit different, isn't it!

    I love reading about other people's Christmas celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. a well deserved award marja!

    I remember my childhood friends who are Dutch celebrating sinterklaas.....gold coins with chocolate in them....

    Happy Anniversary. What a busy weekend you will have....and fun too. Lots of celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your award.. It was a pleasure to talk to you the other day.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marja,
    Thank You I will pick it up next week........

    Congrats girl on lasting that long...may there be many more ta come!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish you a nice Sinterklaas weekend,my dear Marja!Thank you so much for your nice words!I am glad to find you as my friend and I wish I could meet you someday in future in the real life!

    Happy Anniversary to you and your husband!
    Steffi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Marja.I wish you a happy sunday..samen met jou mannetje!
    Proficiat..Congrats..
    De Sint is weer vertrokken..Christmas here we come..:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kia ora Marja

    Congratulations to you on receiving such a prestigious award. Also on the occasion of your 17th Wedding Anniversary. May you have lots and lots more.

    This blog about Dutch Christmas is indeed a delight for me in that I have been exposed for the first time on the mores of Christmas in a Dutch country. Every day in my blogging world I learn so much. Thank you very much for being a part of my continuing education in a fun sort of way; an atmosphere where learning is most successful.

    I'm deeply touched that you have selected me to be one of your recipients for an award that has conceptualized the impact of which new found friends have in the on-line world. So it is with humility that I accept this award and shall be a valued keepseek of mind.

    Happy Sinterklaas and all the joys that come with this festive season. Shortly I shall be trimming my Christmas tree at my place. But I shall really pine for a white Christmas this year but in all things I'm grateful for this steaming Christmas, lol as typical of the tropical zone.

    Ka kite ano
    Paterika

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Marja... thank you very much for the award... sorry could not respond faster since I was damn busy all week :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Forgot... I have put up the award at http://anw.in/2008/12/10/one-more-award-for-me/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment