Kidscorner

Friday 10 November 2023

A little light

Some personal sadness and in the world made me struggle this week. Sometimes your skin is thin. I soak myself in a bath of music, poetry and take walks in our paradise. It provides a protective layer.









A little light

When words rain down on me
Spun into lyrics and poetry
A fountain of flames burst from the heart
flushing away the sorrows of everyday
Like a bird who soars above the river
while following the flow of life
feeling the storms, the stains
the spasm, the strains
and stifle it with a blanket  
a cover, a refuge for the soul
To prevent the arms of the dragon
to reach and ravage the edges of my heart
The wound of the world still bleeds
the gnaw on the roots of my being still hurts
but there is a warm touch
sending sparkles through my spine
The unfolding of a little love
like stars sending bright spikes
of light into the dark
I paint the dark in cotton
candy and pastel pink
Even the moon has its shadow
but the sun enlightens his smile
The world looks brighter for it
so like a soldier of perception
I conquer another day

14 comments:

  1. Very engaging poem, I loved reading it .

    ReplyDelete
  2. like a soldier of perception & paint the dark in cotton candy... these spoke to me... we can try to improve our outlook and conquer days, at least one day at a time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poetry, love and nature are always my solace too. How beautifully you've said it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marja - sorry about your personal sadness ... so much to make us stop and think at the moment - as you say 'your little world of paradise' ... even though perhaps ours isn't as inviting at the moment - we are so very lucky. The poem is beautiful ... we do live on (thankfully) - and thus as your last line decries 'I conquer another day' ... peace to the whole world. With thoughts - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sadness can be blinding. I felt at home reading this. I think we have all felt the need to soldier on and let the shards of light seep into the darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "The unfolding of a little love
    like stars sending bright spikes
    of light into the dark" oh yes, lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this Marja, my favorite is "Like a bird who soars above the river
    while following the flow of life." We see the white cranes and white herons
    almost constantly flying along our little running stream and the small ponds.
    Perhaps they are playing the greener grass game. Then they will sit in some
    spot watching down into the water for hours. Occasionally they bite down
    into the water.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I paint the dark in cotton candy and pastel pink....and indeed why not !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your poem is gorgeous .. the mood, the tone, the descriptors all perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always a glimmer of hope especially when cotton candy is mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As you've so accurately written, a little walk outside does much to heal our wounded selves. Just have to open the door.

    ReplyDelete
  12. De foto is aanklikbaar en prachtig. Net een schilderij van Van Gogh.
    Mooi gedicht en gedacht. Soms heb je het gevoel dat de zwaartekracht je naar beneden drukt...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!