Kidscorner

Friday 30 August 2024

Dear body

A quick and short poem as I choose to do too many other things this week 😌
Poets and storytellers united and asked us to Write a letter to our body


Dear Body,

I love and hate you, my body,
A whisper from the past
Said you were once a blast.
I clung to sadness,
Turned to food,
Numbness became fatness.

Even with curves and folds,
I love you, my body
You who showed me the world,
Gave me backbone,
Made the music flow through my veins,
Transformed me into a dancefloor diva.

When light pounds onto the earth,
You let me lean into the spectacle,
I moved through life,
Clumsy yet confident.

My body, my home
my strength is preserved
I finally observe
that you get what you deserve

14 comments:

  1. I love the conclusion of this journey with your body - Jae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dance! Yes, there is definitely a love/hate relationship with the body. When it works well it is a wonderfully choreographed piece of organic machinery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing the dance right alongside you ~~~ promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dancing is one of the best things we can do with our bodies! Who doesn't feel cheered up by a small dance break?

    ReplyDelete
  5. When light pounds onto the earth
    you let me lean into this spectacle - how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, most bodies ask for and deserve what they get in the way of weight gain/loss, flab, tone, etc.

    I send you a flight of lovely L-words: light, lithe, lissome, lively, limber, pliant, flex, flip, fly, float, slip, slim, silk, slither, lunge, lift, leap, lean, love of life.

    PK

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...sadly my body doesn't work as well as it once did, but it still works. Kind of!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The advice everywhere is to love our body unconditionally. Good advice, as it has rewards for us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marja - life is life isn't we ... as we get older theoretically we get a little wiser - but no hope and experience still occur ... still we're lucky we live - and appreciate the fortunate lives we live ... your poem is perfect ... my folds - I'm try to lose! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!