Kidscorner

Tuesday 1 June 2021

Unusual

The prompt for Poets and Storytellers United is Uncommon, Unusual and/or Uncanny
I thought I use some uncommon poetry forms and I found the Echo verse and The Bop
I enjoyed these ones

Echo verse
Repeat the end syllable(s) of each line

Unusual

I am a bit unusual. unusual
is a way that surprises, surprises
happen when you to dare to be different, end
of question, question
this because difference divides, divides
people into lovers and haters, haters
don’t respect your way of being, being
yourself is however the only way to be, Be 

_____________________________________________________________________________


The BOP

  • 3 stanzas
  • Each stanza is followed by a refrain
  • Frist stanza is 6 lines long and presents a problem
  • Second stanza is 8 lines long and explores or expands the problem
  • Third stanza is 6 lines long and either presents a solution or documents the failed 
    attempt to resolve the problem



 




A call for superman

It is not uncommon to wish
for a clean and green and caring world
To reflect and act to heal mother earth
In times of greed we need to find a road 
to reach Liberté, égalité and fraternité
To sow seeds of love to grow world peace 

I call for superman to save the world

Before I change the world
I have to start with myself
To get healthy first would be wise
to spend some time on exercise
I need to find peace and meditate
I have to work to pay the rent
If I am not sleep deprived it’s fine
I might have time on Sunday at nine

I call for superman to save the world

We need a new hero who has a dream
Who persuades us to a peaceful protest
To remove our blinds so we can see
Leads us from consumerism to minimalism
so we can eat, have the love we need,
have a home to stay and time to play

I call for superman to save the world

15 comments:

  1. Hi Marja - this was really interesting ... and something I should explore more about - fascinating to read. Interesting words ... thank goodness for those who are unusual, interesting and uncommon ... standing away from the crowd. Congratulations - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very interesting forms! I like the words of wisdom you've conveyed in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two excellent poems, I particuarly liked the first one. Poetry is something I rarely attempt, mainly because I'm not one for rules and regulations when writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The unusual always makes life more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being yourself is the best way to be

    Happy Wednesday

    Much🌷love

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Unusual" is a very interesting poem. I enjoyed the rhythm. And I love the powerful ending.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I echo the call for Superman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'A call for Superman' is a lovely poem, but I'm afraid superman cannot heal/save the world. Only God, the Creator can, and probably will, by Re-set.
    You're totally right that the healing has to start with ourselves, individually. We should practice good health habits: meditation, exercise, adequate sleep and nutrition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three cheers for Superman!!! Rah, rah, rah!!!
    I like this last form, the Echo Voice is a bit annoying for EVERY line.
    A "cocklebur" is a weed that we pulled out of our fields of corn in Nebraska. The weed grows burrs that stick things, cows too when they are gleaming the fields. Farm kids and parents both came out. We chopped them and milkweed, also bindweed and creeping Charlie. Sunflowers had t go also in the fields. All those weed made trouble for the combine harvesting machines.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good meditation on being unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for introducing me to a new form. The wordplay was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i loved especially the end part. A superman should come to save us all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great writing! I've gone cold on Superman. Here in the United States far too many people are looking for a Superman, or more accurately a savior. I was a huge supporter of President Obama but it disturbed me how many people on my side of the political divide looked to him to solve all problems instantly. President Obama's failure, in their unrealistic eyes, to bring about paradise showed an ignorance of not only the workings of government but reality itself.

    Not to be outdone, trump's supporters come along and not only ignore reality but create their demented own.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool forms used quite well, Marja! Love the quote at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There was something appealing about the echo verse and the Superman poem which reminded me that even he had his weaknesses, weaknesses. :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!