Kidscorner

Friday 22 December 2023

Purpose

Sumana at What's Going on asked

Are you reflective too? Do you also pause and be mindful of what was? Or would you prefer to think of what is coming tomorrow and step into new beginnings? Do you have your resolutions for the new year? How does 2024 inspire you as it gathers itself for flight?

I recently went on an early retirement, so I thought I had to redefine myself, but I actually continue to follow my purpose. I still train people in IT. Teaching is my passion, although I have no formal qualifications in teaching lol. There is no pressure, as I do it now as a volunteer. I love reading and writing poetry I write only sometimes and taught creative writing in a charity for a while. This was a jump in the deep as I have no background whatsoever, but it was fun. I am still finding my way but the goal for 2024 is to align with my purpose.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2024









Purpose 

What gives your life meaning?
What makes you get up,
makes you leave soft sheets?
The answer is woven
through the fabric of life
It sounds like a melody
played by a piper
enticing you to follow
It will stroke your skin
causing a party in your heart

if you don’t follow your purpose
Your loved ones won’t weep
the rivers won’t change its course
but a celestial whisper
will tease you with tenacity
inviting you to fill the void
Go on the uncharted path
Take the diversion
Sometimes the purpose
of wandering stars
is the journey 
to discover new galaxies

12 comments:

  1. ...I never make New Year's resolutions, they are so hard to keep. My family and my business were my purpose and now that I'm retired, my family and blog give me purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a fulfilling and happy retirement, dear Marja! May your passion for teaching, for reading and writing poetry, ignite creative ideas and solutions in the minds of many!
    Your purpose, as I understand, is to "go on the uncharted path" to discover "new galaxies". Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Marja. The uncharted path leads us home.......I love your poem, especially the closing lines. Lifts my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great one. My purpose to enjoy life as much as possible and try to cope with what ever is thrown at me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed this, Marja. It sounds like you are well on your way to finding your purpose in 2024. You seem to have lots of talents, that when you use them, will make the world a better place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the piper's melody that leads to a party in the heart. We only have to take a diversion for that and this is so true. Thank you for joining us Marja. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. " a celestial whisper
    will tease you with tenacity
    inviting you to fill the void"
    Beautiful, beautiful! And I too have found it in teaching. I thought it was each of the many things that I taught, but the melody was the teaching itself. I love your poem!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Marja, it's nice that you continue to enjoy teaching people something and this is one of the things that your life gives a meaning. In a way, this is also present in me. I come from a family that produced several teachers. I haven't got this opportunity or education myself, but I notice in my postings, for example, that I enjoy explaining or teaching people something. It's nice when something sticks here and there that you've explained to others...
    I look forward to learning from you in 2024 :-)
    Hopefully you received my email. If not, then here in the blog, too:
    I wish you and everyone you love a wonderful Christmas ⛄🎄🕯️ and a happy new year 🍄🍀!
    All the best, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/12/winter-wunderland-und-frohe-weihnachten.html
    🍀❣️🧸🎠❤️⛄🍄🎄

    ReplyDelete
  9. While I'm doing well, I actually want to get my heart transplant. I'm sort of in a waiting pattern until a year after the transplant. No real traveling and then there is the adjustments I will have to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marja, love the last 4 lines, I've always been a bit of a wanderer myself. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Marja - yes I need to get the purpose back into my life ... but to jump the hurdles on the way to that elixir of daily living. There's no point in giving up something you love - so great you're out there helping others. Your poems always evoke thoughtful ideas - enjoy 2024 - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!