Kidscorner

Friday 4 October 2024

What sooths me

 

Rosemary from Poets and Storytellers United asked us to answer the question, ‘What soothes you?’










What soothes me

When the black of night breaks,
And light filters through the cracks,
Sun rays stroke and soothe me,
Promising a new day of possibilities.

When life forges tears from stale air,
From moldy thoughts and a polluted mind,
It draws me out, where the rustling leaves
Of swaying trees lull me back to peace.

A quiet hum, a gentle hush,
Sending a gush of glee,
A soothing sound stirs my soul,
The sphere of music making me whole.

And oh, being spoon-fed with niceness,
Wrapped in layers of tenderness,
Warming my heart with a velvety feel,
Each phrase a soft, soothing feather

3 comments:

  1. I love how you have found soothing in nature - a wonderful pleasure - Jae

    ReplyDelete
  2. spoon-fed with niceness... and tenderness...yes, that does sound comforting... a big spoon would do nicely please!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what beautiful things (and beautifully described).They would indeed be soothing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!