Kidscorner

Saturday 23 October 2010

Me and John Key and Band Together

More than a hundred thousand people gathered today in Hagley park in Christchurch thanks to the generosity
of business and the artists who did a fantastic job entertaining the people of Canterbury who were shaken a bit lately. A concert, the biggest of NZ from 11.00 AM to 8.00 PM. All for Free!!!
Just what I needed. I went for a walk with my friend Elisabeth, ended up in the park at 12 noon, had something to eat and left at about 5.30 after having laughed, danced like I was 20 and listened to remarkable talent and I had a close encounter with our prime minister.

"This is a concert that will live in our memories long after the Canterbury
region emerges stronger and prouder than ever" John Key Prime Minister


I got asked by our Prime Minister to go on the photo with him :0) Of course John with you always.  This would be completely impossible in Holland. That's one of the things I love about New Zealand and John of course.

Sorry bloggers I have to deal with my charming brothers in Holland a minute. They haven't seen me for a long time. "OK boys there is a lot of me on this picture. That means for you twice as much love. Yes I know I eat when I am stressed so that means that I had a lot of stress lately OK. Get over it."  So that's done


Impressions from the concert. My favourites: Anika Moa, Evermore, The Feelers and of course Opshop.
The latter organised the whole show of 30 performances only starting 6 weeks ago. Thank you guys it was fantastic.

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful concert...loved it and the weather was glorious...
    Good pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O what a brilliant idea! You guys over there deserve every moment of some musical "time out"! Great to hear you so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're still a smoothie. Aincha?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marja, how lovely to see you with one of your heroes, the PM and then, do you imagine your brothers will judge you your size? What about them? They eat well in Holland and age too. They probably have grown since last you saw them, as well.

    Thanks for a cheerful visit. You need it after all those 'quakes and shakes'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How thrilling, Marja. You look so excited and happy and radiant and glowing and . . . and . . . and . . .

    He's the Prime Minister???? And he's just walking around in shirt sleeves and no men in black with shades??? Never in the U.S. That's for sure. Not since our Founding Fathers' day.

    Yeah, Bros. Get over it. We women have to eat to keep up our emotional strength. When things calm down, all will be - well - ship SHAPE again.

    Loved your post, Marja. Can you tell?

    Love
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marja! Amazing! You and PM, just like that... The closest I was in Holand was with Máxima Zorreguieta, but never got the pictures, if actually someone took any... ;)

    Sorry for the absence: out one week, busy on return and then caught by the flu... ;)
    Blogtrotter Two is still in Algiers... Enjoy and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw a bit of The Exponents on telly and it reminded me of my youth. Glad it went well and I am jealous...I think John Key is pretty good for a PM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like it was a great party, glad everyone had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow.Sounds fun Marja!Am thrilled. The PM himself!Am speechless!Hope u r doing well.

    Deeptesh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I watched your concert on TV. Great the weather was good for you.

    Hehehe
    you and John Key and
    I with helen Clark
    http://ann-mythoughtsandphotos.blogspot.com/2009/03/helen-clark.html

    The weather is so nice, I don't feel like going to work tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marja..what a nice way to hang out and I must say..you look splendid!!! Happy week ahead my friend...hugs/M

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks a wonderful day Marja! Lovely photos of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had fun Marja!! It was great weather too wasn't it?

    As for the photo with John Key - how funny! I too love the laid back style of Kiwis - that's why I'm here after all.

    And by the way - you look lovely! (And :oP to your Dutch brothers!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marya
    Hope you really enjoyed the concert.Thank you for posting beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh how lovely picture .... I see that you enjoyed very much...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow...what a great concert and cool photos,Marja!Sounds like a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!