Kidscorner

Wednesday 1 April 2020

My biggest treasures




My biggest treasures


When I lift the layers
I find truth between
the pages. I catch
pure puzzle pieces and slot
them into places to see
part of the whole.
I feel alive

When music moves me
it sends love letters
to my heart, silencing my
soul with sound
When music makes me move
pulling my strings
I feel alive

When I walk,
nature is my gallery
The earth dappled with light
Silk mountains
a subtle glimmer on the lake
the trees sketching the forest
I feel alive

When I feel a connection
Exchange gifts of honesty
Unwrap satisfaction
jam-packed in words
the mystery of alchemy
that turns tears into laughter
I feel alive

the scent of coffee
the sweetness of chocolate
the secret of the rainbow
colour after colour
All these small things
are my biggest treasures
I feel alive




18 comments:

  1. My goodness this is beyond beautiful, Marja!💝 Especially love; "When music moves me it sends love letters to my heart, silencing my soul with sound."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marja - that's beautiful ... I particularly liked 'When music moves me, it sends love letters, to my heart ....'

    Just lovely - take care - just noticed it's the sentence that Sanaa picked up on too! All the best - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een mooie regenboog, heb er hier dit jaar al veel gezien door al zonneschijn na regen....:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed, Marja, the little pieces make up the whole. I love the ideas of music sending love letters to the heart and nature as a gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way each verse feels like a bubble of the purest, most uncomplicated joy. It really has me grinning this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Small things ... the biggest treasures. Thank you for this lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice, Marja, ALL the things in the last stanza are my favorites, that is my favorite verse. The puzzle theme is great also, I'm thinking you have found the rainbow and it's end by now?
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also luv the mudic stanza best
    Happy you dropped by my blog

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful poem. I too am grateful for small treasures. Your words lead me to ponder them. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Treasure the small things. They will always make you feel alive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a delight to read this and agree this is we should do is be grateful for all the beautiful things that have been in our lives and what
    is still yet to come. It is by having this attitude that we can accept and cope with the most difficult circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do have beautiful treasures my friend.
    ANOTHER moving poem.
    Take care and keep smiling.
    Peggy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've a feeling the small things are going to become far more important, and I liked your closing paragraph a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this walk through your world. Well done, Marja. Good luck as you collect your small treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your poem is a treasure. It speaks so well to our hearts and mind. Music sends love letters to your heart and your poem sends love letters to my ear.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your refrain gives this poem even more beauty. Stunning, Marja!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!