Kidscorner

Sunday 6 September 2020

Peacock Feathers

 



Peacock feathers

Often my days are dull, covered in dust
Hours creep forwards in grey colours
moving in a robot like fashion
Wind wafting an everyday smell while
I yearn for the fragrance
of exotic flowers
I yearn for taking spoons full
of undiscovered lush land
with fern trees sticking
out their feathery fingers
to touch me with a tingling thrill
I yearn for hanging out
with poets and philosophise
on the café terrace under starry skies
where the wine whispers secrets
transforms us into soulful sages
with young hearts, beating wildly
to the rhythm of the flamenco
Our scarlet skirts waving away worlds worries
I yearn to pull the curtains
to jump on the stage of life
and say hey if this is the last role I play
I do it with verve
I fan my peacock feathers
I play a drum roll to wake you
to a zest for life
like a tulip bud longs to open
to show it’s colours
Go and blossom and I will too
Now dig out the courage



19 comments:

  1. As in most things we do, we need some courage the first time and then discover we can do it afterall. In fact it becomes easier the next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW, what a delight! Your poem is so full of life. I love the yearning, the strong desire to connect, to live, regardless captured in your piece. May we "dig out the courage" to do so. Thank you, Marja!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done, would love to hang out with poets and philosophers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beauty of the peacokfeathers makes our dull days look brighter, our yearnings for life's joys stronger.
    Lovely poem and superb painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sings with energy--"soulful sages with young hearts" really called up the missed togetherness of the times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's to your peacock feathers. May they fan out in glorious color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel the urge to take my laptop, run outside, and yell, "See? I am not alone in wanting to bloom out of this cocoon. Bring me a shovel!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luv your phrase "go and blossom"
    Happy Sunday. Stay Safe.

    Much💝love

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could do with a bit of bold colors and a hangout or two that wasn't virtual. Someday, I tell myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I too yearn to fling those sweet blooming things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love peacock feathers. And I love this impassioned poem. I want to yell with enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Marja - beautiful photo with poem to accompany those colours ... we all yearn at the moment, but as you say we need courage and we need to help, even if it's just doing what we can for ourselves. All the best - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way you describe those grey days as covered in dust and moving in a robot-like fashion, Marja, they are recognisable. I hang out with poets (virtually) every day but on a ‘café terrace under starry skies / where the wine whispers secrets’ sounds wonderful - I imagine Vincent van Gogh joining them too. The tulip bud grabbed my attention, longing to show it’s colours – my favourite flower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marja, your words do an excellent job of inspiring readers to awaken to the dazzling in life!

    ReplyDelete
  15. such joyous and lovely imagery in your high-energy poem!
    how i missed those cafes under starry skies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. transforms us into soulful sages
    with young hearts, beating wildly
    to the rhythm of the flamenco - that would indeed be magical... what a beautiful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These excellent poems are mounting up Marja!
    Time to dig out your courage and go and bloom and publish another poetry book my friend.
    Namaste
    Peggy xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stand Proud Marja... Keep displaying your feathers.... Beautiful words.. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!