Kidscorner

Monday 8 January 2024

Edith Collier Monday Mural

 A mural for Monday Murals by



I recently travelled to the North Island of New Zealand. In the first place to reunite with my daughter and her little family. My brother from the Netherlands came with us and we showed him some more of our beautiful country. One of the places we went to was Whanganui where I saw the mural above

The mural is Edith Collier (1885-1964) by the artist Pat Perry.
Edith grew up in Whanganui She was a painter Underneath some of her work



9 comments:

  1. Beautiful mural. She was a talented artist. Thanks for contributing to Monday Murals Marja.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat een prachtige mural. En wat fijn dat je broer je kwam bezoeken! En dan ga ik nu maar eens Edith Collier googelen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her art is very good. I am sure New Zealand has many good murals. I look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The top mural is so classic and elegant to look at

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...this is a grand tribute to Edith Collier, thanks for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't know each other, I got your blog from Geo's blog, "Trainride...". I got an email today from his son, Geo passed away this last weekend. He was a friend. If you want to communicate, it's mm5.montana@gmail

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful mural, dear Marja! I had to check the NZ map to see where Whanganui is, but I'm afraid that's too far from our route... Of course I really hope to see some of these works of art in Christchurch...
    Did I already wish you a Happy New Year? However: I wish you and everyone you love a happy, healthy and peaceful 2024 🍄🍀!
    All the best, Traude

    ReplyDelete
  8. NZ has the best murals I've seen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!