Kidscorner

Monday, 28 September 2026

Among castles and crowds

 


Berlin


Budapest

Budapest


          Prague


Dresden


Vienna


Among Castles and Crowds

I mingled with the masses
in Budapest, Berlin,
Dresden, Prague and Vienna.

Like Alice in Wonderland,
I became smaller from
drinking the potion
of looking up
at cathedrals and castles.

But then I grew again
and took my place on the stage,
an equal among equals.
Head held high, I opened myself
to what the world offered:

The sound of a violin drifting
across a square in Dresden.
Restless waves cradling me
on the Danube,
while evening gold
settled softly on the water.

Food lifted my spirits,
and good company
created bubbles of bliss.

Experiences washed over me
like soft morning rain.

I walked in the footsteps
of kings and paupers,
watching people arrive
from every corner of the world.

Travel washes the mind
with new discoveries,
new insights,
new horizons.

And I returned from the journey
with pockets full of dreams
and a heart stretched wider
than the map I followed.


Our Bolderman bus driver, Marcel, showered us with his amazing knowledge and let us listen to some beautiful local music, like this composition by Hungarian pianist and composer HAVASI.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!!